St. Joseph School provides special education services to students in Grades K-8. Our goal is to ensure students with learning differences can thrive, achieve and succeed. Students with learning differences have full access to a Catholic education with the accommodations and modifications needed to support their unique learning profile.
At St. Joseph School:
- We will work with families to create an SJS Success Plan individually tailored for your student
- We have Full Time Aides in the lower grades
- Provide Speech and Language services for students on active IEP’s
- Our onsite Special Education Teacher works to support students inside and outside of the classroom
- Understanding of learning differences through professional development for all school staff
- Classroom accommodations and modifications of the curriculum tailored to student needs
- Differentiation to meet the needs of all learners
St. Joseph’s welcomes students with dyslexia, high functioning autism, executive functioning, dysgraphia, language processing or written expression differences, dyscalculia (Math), and non-verbal learning differences. We help capable students who need to have specialized support for learning acquisition.
Our program does not at this time have the resources to help students with oppositional defiant disorder, personality or psychotic disorders, or very complex learning profiles.
Students on IEPs will receive direct academic support services from a special education teacher. Students will be fully integrated into the academic and co-curricular life of the school. Our special education teacher works collaboratively with classroom teachers to ensure that each child receives the instruction, accommodations and modifications that they need to reach their potential.