MAY 15, 2018
This week’s notifications include:
- Thank you! The faculty and staff would like to thank all the families who showed their appreciation by bringing in a flower and supplies during school faculty and staff appreciation week.
- Re-Registration fee is Now Due: Online payment is still unavailable at this time. We request that families who have re-enrolled to please fill out the 2018-2019 Financial Obligation Form and send it in with the registration fee. Let us know if you are unable to print and we will make a copy for you. Thank you all for your patience as we continue to transition our registration process from paper to online.
- Walkathon: Sponsor pledges of $150 per family is due. If you have not yet sent in your pledge money, please do so by Friday, May 18th to qualify for the summer non-uniform week.
Summer Non-Uniform Week, which includes shorts (appropriate length) and flip flops.
Grade 8 will be May 24 – 31
Kindergarten will be June 8 – 14
Grades 1 – 7 will be June 14 – 20th
- Yearbook – Please place your order to make sure a copy of the yearbook is reserved for you. The cost is $35. Preview some of our yearbook pages on our Facebook page facebook.com/100springfairhaven/.
- Bishop Stang Summer 2018 Bishop Stang, a Catholic, college preparatory, high school in Dartmouth, MA, invites families to learn about their Summer Program offerings (includes grades 3 – 9). Visit bishostang.org and click “Summer 2018” under Athletics. The programs come in all forms: academic, athletic and performing arts. Join them for great learning experiences and for a whole lot of fun throughout the summer!
SAVE THE DATE
- Bake Sale: Mrs. Cronan’s preschool will be having their bake sale on Wednesday, May 16th during all lunches. Students may purchase 1 item for $1.
- Celebrating the Arts Night will be held on Thursday, May 17th at 6:00. During this evening you will have the opportunity to listen to musical ensembles as you stroll around the gym enjoying student visual artwork. The string ensemble will begin the evening at 6:00 followed by the vocal ensemble, better known as Saint Joseph School Glee Club.
- May Birthday Non-Uniform Day is on Friday, May 18th for all students whose birthday is in May.
- Scholastic Book Fair continues this week until Friday May 18th 9:00 -1:00 Buy One Get One Free. This is a great time to purchase books for the summer…. Click Book Fair eWallet to see how the new feature, eWallet that lets you give your child money to spend electronically. Sales tax must be added during the Buy One Get One Fair.
- Blessing of the Bikes will be held on Sunday, May 20th. Please click Blessing of the Bikes Flyer for more information.
- N.B.C.S. Track Meet will be held on Sunday, May 20th at 12:30 pm at Cushman Park in Fairhaven. Please come and support the students from Saint Joseph School Running Club.
- National Junior Honor Society Induction will be held Thursday, May 24th at 6:00 pm.
- June, July & August Birthday Non-Uniform Day will be on Friday, May 25th for all students whose birthday are in June, July and August.
- NO SCHOOL: Monday, May 28th, Memorial Day.
- First Friday Mass will be held on Friday, June 1st at 9:00. All are invited to attend. DRESS UNIFORM MANDATORY (no shorts).
- National Junior Honor Society: Student members of our National Junior Honor Society are collecting various items for charities. The collection boxes are located at the front foyer of the school and will remain there until June 1, 2018. Thank you for your anticipated support.
- Bake Sale: Miss Day’s prekindergarten will be having their bake sale on Wednesday, June 6th during all lunches. Students may purchase 1 item for $1.
- Field Day for Grades 6 & 7 will be on Monday, June 4th (Rain date June 11) from 9:00 to 11:00.
- Field Day for PS – Grade 5 will be on Tuesday, June 5th (Rain date June 12).
Parents are welcome to come play with us.
9:00 – 11:00 Pre-S, Pre-K and Kindergarten
12:30 – 2:15 Grades 1 – 5
- Graduation Pictures for Grade 8 & Kindergarten will be on Thursday, June 7th.
- 8th Grade Graduation will be on Friday, June 8th at 4:30 pm.
- Kindergarten Graduation will be on Friday, June 15th at 9:30.
- Pre-Kindergarten Graduation will be on Friday, June 15th at 1:00.
- Last Day of school for preschool – kindergarten will be on Friday, June 15.
- Early Childhood Summer Camp begins Monday, June 18.
- Award Ceremony will be on Wednesday, June 20th at 9:00.
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL for grades 1 – 7 is Wednesday, June 20th.
DISMISSAL WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
Grades 1-3 11:15
Grades 4 & 5 11:20
Grades 6 & 7 11:30
Extended care will NOT be available on last day of school